What: Come see a New Year’s Eve fireworks display that will light up Provincetown Harbor! Fireworks will be launched from MacMillan Pier, but visible from multiple locations.
When: Jan 1 at dusk; approximately
Where: MacMillan Pier (center of town) | Directions
Where to watch
We recommend these locations if you want to stay warm:
Crown & Anchor: The Crown is hosting a food court from 4:30 – 6, and the Paramount and the Wave Bar have a great harbor view. There’s plenty of room and guaranteed to be warm!
Restaurants: If reservations are still available, the restaurants listed below will provide you a nice view, warmth and food! The Harbor Lounge also has a wonderful view.
Harbor Hotel Parking Lot: If you don’t mind a distant view, the Harbor Hotel parking lot provides a clear unobstructed view of the harbor. | Directions
Because the firework are shot from the harbor in the center of town, there are plenty of spots along the beach to watch the display. The tide is cooperating – it’s not high until about 10 pm, so there will be plenty of room on the beach. Here are a few suggestion.
– Beach behind Whaler’s Wharf. (Town center towards West End) Entrances:
- Enter at the end of Ryder St by the Kite Store | Directions
- Through Whaler’s Wharf | Directions
- Public landing between The Fire Station #2 and Bubula’s | Directions
- West End Parking Lot (Far West End) | Directions
– Beach along the back of Commercial St (Town Center to East End). Entrances:
- MacMillan Wharf | | Directions
- Between True Value Hardware and Squealing Pig | Directions
- Johnson St Parking Lot | Directions
- Public landing beside Yolk | Directions
- St Mary’s Parking Lot | Directions
- Beach entrance by Harbor Hotel (Far East End) | Directions
– Restaurants: If you make reservations now at one of the restaurants near the beach, you may get a great view in a comfortable setting. Here are some restaurants to consider:
- Red Inn (Far West End) Website | 508-487-7334 | Directions
- Ross’ Grill (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8878 | Directions
- Pepe’s (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8717 | Directions
- The Mews (East End) | Website | 508-487-1500 | Directions
- Fanizzi’s (East End) | Website | 508-487-1964 | Map
– Bars: A few bars are located on the Harbor too!