Genealogy is as much about reading between the lines as it is verifying dates, places and events. Be prepared to find links where you least expect them. Bring as much basic info with you to get you to the 1920s or earlier. The instructor will be Roger Chauvette.
- Dates: Wed, 2/1 – Wed, 3/29 (no class 2/22)
- Time: 6 pm
- Where: Provincetown Public Library, 356 Commercial St.
- Cost: Free
Weekly Course Schedule
- February 1: How to Start Your Tree
- February 8: Reliability of Records
- February 15: Spelling, Senior, Junior, “dit” names, etc.
- March 1: Understanding Church Records
- March 8: Documenting Sources
- March 15: Conflicts of Information
- March 22: Special Cases
- March 29: DNA and Research
Winter Wednesdays sponsored by the Provincetown Public Library are a free community program offering compelling courses in Provincetown on a drop-in basis during the coldest, darkest months of the year. All sessions are offered for free. Some materials fees or subscriptions may apply, see course description for more information.