What: The 2nd annual Provincetown Book Festival returns with a wonderful line-up of national and local authors. Highlights include a reception for Sebastian Junger, recipient of the Rose Dorothea Literary Award, on Friday, 9/15, at 6 pm, and National Book Award winner Julia Glass in conversation with Pulitzer Prize winner Richard Russo on Sat, 9/16 at 6 pm.
See complete schedule below.
Note: Unfortunately, the Rose Dorothea Award event, presented to author, journalist, filmmaker and part-time Outer Cape resident Sebastian Junger, is sold out.
When: Fri, 9/15 & Sat, 9/16
Where: Provincetown Public Library, 356 Commercial St | Directions
Tickets: All events are free but you can reserve tickets for each day. Reserve Tickets
Friday, September 15
Writing Local: A Sense of Place in Two Cape Cod Novels
- Jamie Brenner (The Forever Summer)
- Emily Jeanne Miller (The News from the End of the World)
- Moderated by A.C. Burch
Fiction, Families, and Digging Deep
- Anne LeClaire (The Halo Effect)
- Justin Torres (We the Animals)
Not Just for Young Adults
- M.T. Anderson (Landscape with Invisible Hand)
- Brandy Colbert (Little and Lion)
- Lauren Wolk (Beyond the Bright Sea)
20th Century Gay Lives: Imagined, Remembered
- Joe Okonkwo (Jazz Moon)
- Tim Murphy (Christodora)
Rose Dorothea Award – SOLD OUT
Ceremony and Reception with Sebastian Junger (Tribe, The Perfect Storm)
Saturday, September 16
A curated reading of local and small press authors, with special guest, poet Jerome Murphy.
Book Sale on the Lawn: Rain or shine!
American Icons: Writing Biography
- William Mann (Wars of the Roosevelts)
- Laura Dassow Walls (Henry David Thoreau: A Life)
Writer’s Voice Café at the Festival
- Ann Hood (Morningstar)
- Michael Ruhlman (Grocery)
- Moderated by Dian Hamilton
Poetry in the 21st Century
- Olga Broumas (Sappho’s Gymnasium)
- Fred Marchant (Said, Not Said)
- Andrea Cohen (Unfathoming)
- Moderated by Elizabeth Bradfield
Julia Glass and Richard Russo in Conversation
- Julia Glass (A House Among the Trees), National Book Award Winner
- Richard Russo (Trajectory), Pulitzer Prize Winner
Buy an Author a Drink!
- Closing party at the Harbor Lounge, 359 Commercial Street
Volunteers are needed to be ambassadors for visiting authors, to welcome audience members to the Provincetown Book Festival, and to videotape programs. Contact Lead Librarian Nan Cinnater at the Provincetown Library, 508-487-9074 or ncinn