Photo credit: Ptown Boat Charters
Provincetown caps off July 4th with a gorgeous array of fireworks that light up the sky over Provincetown Harbor . There’s also a nostalgic, small town parade at 11am.
When: Dusk – approximately 8:45 pm
Where: Over Provincetown Harbor!
July 4th is one of the busiest days of the year in Ptown. Here’s helpful tips to help make your visit easier.
Where to watch
Unfortunately the tide is high at 9:16 pm that night, so there won’t be as much beach as usual, but there’s still plenty of room.
Here are a few suggestion.
– Beach behind Whaler’s Wharf. (Town center towards West End) Entrances:
- Look for the Big Blue Adirondack Chair | Directions
- Through Whaler’s Wharf | Directions
- Public landing between The Fire Station #2 and Bubula’s | Directions
- West End Parking Lot (Far West End) | Directions
– Beach along the back of Commercial St (Town Center to East End). Entrances:
- MacMillan Wharf | | Directions
- Between True Value Hardware and Squealing Pig | Directions
- Johnson St Parking Lot | Directions
- Public landing beside Yolk | Directions
- St Mary’s Parking Lot | Directions
- Beach entrance by Harbor Hotel (Far East End) | Directions
– Restaurants: If you make reservations now at one of the restaurants near the beach, you may get a great view in a comfortable setting. Here are some restaurants to consider:
- Red Inn (Far West End) Website | 508-487-7334 | Directions
- Ross’ Grill (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8878 | Directions
- Pepe’s (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8717 | Directions
- The Mews (East End) | Website | 508-487-1500 | Directions
- Fanizzi’s (East End) | Website | 508-487-1964 | Map
– Bars: A few bars are located on the Harbor too!
- Aqua Bar (Town center) | Directions
- Harbor Lounge (East End) | Directions
- Wave Bar (Town center) | Directions
Special Events with Views
Two groups are running events where you’ll get a spectacular view of the fireworks.
Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum
The monument is set up on a hill overlooking Provincetown Harbor so you’ll have the best view of the fireworks. This event includes a picnic dinner of either lobster rolls and fried chicken catered by Mac’s Fish House, and live entertainment by Julie Wheeler.
Tickets to the picnic are $45 for adults, $15 for children, which you can purchase online. You can also reserve parking for $30.00 for the day. | Buy Tickets
Dolphin Fleet Cruise
The Dolphin Fleet is offering special fireworks cruises on the July 4th. Combined whale watch/Fireworks cruises leave at 5, 5:30, & 6 pm, and a special fireworks/music cruise leaves at 8 p.m. You’ll have an unobstructed and close-up view of the spectacular display. Reservations: Website | 508-240-3636
Provincetown Boat Charters
Charter the Marie Knight for an unforgettable firework experience for $425 for a group of 6. Bring your drinks, and they’ll provide ice, stemware, paper goods and hors d’oeuvres. Website | 510-374 9948
When to arrive
If you’re driving, we suggest that you arrive early because of parking. Getting to Ptown.
Where to park
We’ve got a complete list here, complete with little known parking areas.
What to do
There’s lots to do that includes shopping, nature walks, restaurants, museums, art galleries and a host of other entertainments. We’ve provided an extensive Visitor’s Guide that walks you through some of the best of what Provincetown has to offer, especially on a fun-packed July 4th weekend!
Here are some highlights from the Provincetown Visitor’s Guide:
Where are restrooms?
The town sets up portable bathrooms in the Macmillan Wharf and Grace Hall parking lots and throughout the town. However, here are the permanent public restrooms.
- Station #2 Firehouse, 189 Commercial St. (Across from Spiritus) | Directions
- Aqua Bar, 207 Commercial St. | Directions
- Town Hall, 260 Commercial St. | Directions
- Ryder St Extension Public Bathrooms | Directions
- Harbormasters Office (End of MacMillion Pier) | Directions
- Tourism Office, 330 Commercial St. | Directions
- Provincetown Public Library, 356 Commercial St. | Directions
Questions or Suggestions?
Anything you’re looking for that you can’t find on our website or in the Visitor’s Guide, please send us an email at [email protected] and we’ll try to answer your questions and improve the Visitor’s Guide at the same time!