What: Come see a New Year’s Eve fireworks display that will light up Provincetown Harbor! Fireworks will be launched from MacMillan Pier, but visible from multiple locations.
When: Sun, 12/30 at dusk; approximately 5:30pm
Where: MacMillan Pier (center of town) | Directions
Where to watch
We recommend these locations if you want to stay warm:
Restaurants: If reservations are still available, the restaurants listed below will provide you a nice view, warmth and food! The Harbor Lounge also has a wonderful view.
Harbor Hotel Parking Lot: If you don’t mind a distant view, the Harbor Hotel parking lot provides a clear unobstructed view of the harbor. | Directions
Pilgrim Monument: The monument grounds overlook Provincetown Harbor, where the fireworks will be appear, so there’s no better view! Tickets are $50 and includes champagne, wine, oysters and hors d’oeuvres. Read more about this event.
Because the firework are shot from the harbor in the center of town, there are plenty of spots along the beach to watch the display. The tide is cooperating – it’s not high until about 10 pm, so there will be plenty of room on the beach. Here are a few suggestion.
– Beach behind Whaler’s Wharf. (Town center towards West End) Entrances:
- Enter at the end of Ryder St by the Kite Store | Directions
- Through Whaler’s Wharf | Directions
- Public landing between The Fire Station #2 and Bubula’s | Directions
- West End Parking Lot (Far West End) | Directions
– Beach along the back of Commercial St (Town Center to East End). Entrances:
- MacMillan Wharf | | Directions
- Between True Value Hardware and Squealing Pig | Directions
- Johnson St Parking Lot | Directions
- Public landing beside Yolk | Directions
- St Mary’s Parking Lot | Directions
- Beach entrance by Harbor Hotel (Far East End) | Directions
– Restaurants: If you make reservations now at one of the restaurants near the beach, you may get a great view in a comfortable setting. Here are some restaurants to consider:
- Ross’ Grill: Website | 508-487-8878 | Directions
- Tin Pan Alley: Website | 508-487-1648 | Directions
- Pepe’s: Website | 508-487-8717 | Directions
– Bars: A few bars are located on the Harbor too!