What: Come celebrate the approach of the New Year with a fireworks display that will light up Provincetown Harbor! Fireworks will be launched from MacMillan Pier, but visible multiple locations.
When: Sunday, 12/29; At dusk (Approximately 5:30 pm)
Where: Macmillan Pier (Center of Town) | Directions
Where to watch
Fortunately the tide is low at 7:20 pm that night, so there will be plenty of room on the harbor beachfront. Grab a chair, blanket or both and get your spot early.
Here are a few suggestion.
– Beach behind Whaler’s Wharf. (Town center towards West End) Entrances:
- Look for the Big Blue Adirondack Chair | Directions
- Through Whaler’s Wharf | Directions
- Public landing between The Fire Station #2 and Bubula’s | Directions
- West End Parking Lot (Far West End) | Directions
– Beach along the back of Commercial St (Town Center to East End). Entrances:
- MacMillan Wharf | | Directions
- Between True Value Hardware and Squealing Pig | Directions
- Johnson St Parking Lot | Directions
- Public landing beside Yolk | Directions
- St Mary’s Parking Lot | Directions
- Beach entrance by Harbor Hotel (Far East End) | Directions
– Restaurants: If you make reservations now at one of the restaurants near the beach, you may get a great view in a comfortable setting. Here are some restaurants to consider:
- Red Inn (Far West End) Website | 508-487-7334 | Directions
- Ross’ Grill (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8878 | Directions
- Pepe’s (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8717 | Directions
- The Mews (East End) | Website | 508-487-1500 | Directions
- Fanizzi’s (East End) | Website | 508-487-1964 | Map
– Bars: A few bars are located on the Harbor too!
- Aqua Bar (Town center) | Directions
- Harbor Lounge (East End) | Directions
- Wave Bar (Town center) | Directions