Photo credit: Ptown Boat Charters
Provincetown caps off July 4th with a gorgeous array of fireworks that light up the sky over Provincetown Harbor. There’s also a nostalgic, small town parade at 11am. Many people aren’t aware that the pilgrims first landed in Provincetown Harbor, where they signed the Mayflower Compact. What better place to celebrate July 4th but in its birth town!
When: Rescheduled to 2021; 7/4 at dusk – approximately 8:45 pm
Where: Over Provincetown Harbor!
July 4th is one of the busiest days of the year in Ptown. Here’s helpful tips to help make your visit easier.
Where to watch
Fortunately the tide is low at 7:20 pm that night, so there will be plenty of room on the harbor beachfront. Grab a chair, blanket or both and get your spot early.
Here are a few suggestion.
– Beach behind Whaler’s Wharf. (Town center towards West End) Entrances:
- Look for the Big Blue Adirondack Chair | Directions
- Through Whaler’s Wharf | Directions
- Public landing between The Fire Station #2 and Bubula’s | Directions
- West End Parking Lot (Far West End) | Directions
– Beach along the back of Commercial St (Town Center to East End). Entrances:
- MacMillan Wharf | | Directions
- Between True Value Hardware and Squealing Pig | Directions
- Johnson St Parking Lot | Directions
- Public landing beside Yolk | Directions
- St Mary’s Parking Lot | Directions
- Beach entrance by Harbor Hotel (Far East End) | Directions
– Restaurants: If you make reservations now at one of the restaurants near the beach, you may get a great view in a comfortable setting. Here are some restaurants to consider:
- Red Inn (Far West End) Website | 508-487-7334 | Directions
- Ross’ Grill (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8878 | Directions
- Pepe’s (Town Center) | Website | 508-487-8717 | Directions
- The Mews (East End) | Website | 508-487-1500 | Directions
- Fanizzi’s (East End) | Website | 508-487-1964 | Map
– Bars: A few bars are located on the Harbor too!
- Aqua Bar (Town center) | Directions
- Harbor Lounge (East End) | Directions
- Wave Bar (Town center) | Directions
Special Events with Views
Two groups are running events where you’ll get a spectacular view of the fireworks.
Pilgrim Monument & Provincetown Museum
The monument is set up on a hill overlooking Provincetown Harbor so you’ll have the best view of the fireworks. Details are still being finalized, but the event will include a picnic dinner and live entertainment.
You will be able to purchase online, as well as reserve parking for the day. | Website
Dolphin Fleet Cruise
The Dolphin Fleet is offering special fireworks cruises on the July 4th. Combined whale watch/Fireworks cruises leave at 5, 5:30, & 6 pm, and a special fireworks/music cruise leaves at 8 p.m. You’ll have an unobstructed and close-up view of the spectacular display. Reservations: Reserve Tickets | 508-240-3636
When to arrive
If you’re driving, we suggest that you arrive early because of parking. Getting to Ptown.
Where to park
We’ve got a complete list here, complete with little known parking areas.
What to do
There’s lots to do that includes shopping, nature walks, restaurants, museums, art galleries and a host of other entertainments. We’ve provided an extensive Visitor’s Guide that walks you through some of the best of what Provincetown has to offer, especially on a fun-packed July 4th weekend!
Here are some highlights from the Provincetown Visitor’s Guide:
Where are restrooms?
The town sets up portable bathrooms in the Macmillan Wharf and Grace Hall parking lots and throughout the town. However, here are the permanent public restrooms.
- Station #2 Firehouse, 189 Commercial St. (Across from Spiritus) | Directions
- Aqua Bar, 207 Commercial St. | Directions
- Town Hall, 260 Commercial St. | Directions
- Ryder St Extension Public Bathrooms | Directions
- Harbormasters Office (End of MacMillion Pier) | Directions
- Tourism Office, 330 Commercial St. | Directions
- Provincetown Public Library, 356 Commercial St. | Directions
Questions or Suggestions?
Anything you’re looking for that you can’t find on our website or in the Visitor’s Guide, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll try to answer your questions and improve the Visitor’s Guide at the same time!